Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm so proud of America..

So, just the other day I was on Netflix in the children and family section, and I was surprised to see titles like Dream High and Shut Up Flower Boy Band in the teen, children and family section. Yes, I am fully aware that Netflix does have an anime section with a small variety of dubbed (not subbed) anime, however seeing Korean Dramas as part of their line up made me more than happy. 


Nothing against Netflix, however, I have noticed that their anime line up is a bit.... lacking. I mean A: they use Funimation, and B: they have a very limited amount of titles and even fewer newer titles.I mean nothing against Funimation, but i can only stand so much of their anime's for the fact that, well, they tend to recycle their voice actors. 
And it's truly terrible because they think it's okay, but it's gotten to a point where i can point out the same voice actor who voiced several different roles in each anime. Other than that huge problem they have a huge censoring problem, okay, so i get some anime's need censoring at certain inappropriate parts, and yes if there's Japanese word play then dubbing it is just going to be a huge mess, but then they go ahead and just cut out scenes out of the blue, and some of those scenes are crucial to the ending of the anime itself. The last reason I don't use Funimation much anymore is because they don't finish their anime's. Yes. I said it. And for you avid English dub watchers, your probably thinking, "what's she talking about?" I'm talking about only dubbing the first season of every other anime besides Naruto because their too lazy too, that's what I'm talking about. Not that I think that Funimation is too lazy to dub the other seasons, it's that I cannot fathom another reason why they would neglect the other seasons in every anime besides Naruto.


Which is ridiculous considering Naruto is a ninja who's catchphrase is "believe it". I mean ,... really?!

Anyways, what I really wanted to talk about today was different streaming websites, (which is actually pretty appropriate considering where we started today). Of course when watching anime and Asian dramas, even movies there are different websites to chose from, and my experience has given me results.
First off there are the more "higher grade" anime and drama websites, such as crunchyroll. Crunchyroll is a great site to watch Asian... well, everything, they have a wider anime library than drama library, but the quality is high grade. Crunchyroll even has news to the newest shows each season and forums on cosplay and figurine sales and is just marvelous. There are a different amount of adds depending on what your watching and how long that is, but its way less than hulu has, no offense to hulu. Plus it has a hot lay up that's extremely easy to follow, the only problem with Crunchyroll is that you have to be a premium user to see the newest anime episodes as soon as they come out, for free users, you have to wait a couple days to a week, that is for the latest anime episodes that are freshly subbed out of the oven.


http://www.crunchyroll.com/

But if Crunchyroll doesn't have it i use YouTube, AnimeFreak, or GOGoAnime, because their anime listing is eternal. (no really i swear, they have like everything)here are some more links:
http://www.youtube.com/

http://www.gogoanime.com/

http://www.animefreak.tv/

For my dramas I actually don't use crunchyroll, Instead I use DramaFever or YoDrama  since they have the highest qualities and the most accurate subtitles.
Links:
http://www.dramafever.com/

http://www.yodrama.com/

I prefer to use these sites simply because their higher quality and more accurate in their subtitles. Not that fan-subs are bad, but you never can tell the difference on whether they're messing with you and putting fake subs than when they put real subs.
Also I would like to say Rest In Peace to DramaCrazy.net and it's sister site AnimeCrazy.net, who have been shut down. I will always remember these sites as wonderful subbers that had a beautifully wide variety of anime's and Dramas.
A moment of silence


P.s. 
Both Crunchyroll and DramaFever have apps if you ever want to watch on the go.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment