Wednesday, July 3, 2013

An introduction to an unworthy otaku (me)

Hi, I am Natalie, and a self-proclaimed unworthy otaku. You may be thinking: "what does she mean by that?" well, by "unworthy" I mean to say that I do not and would not call myself an Otaku for 2 reasons: Reason 1, Otaku is a very mean word in Japanese meaning nerd, geek, or dweeb, and the idea of calling myself that is uncomfortable personally. Reason 2, even in the "good sense" of being an otaku in the western meaning of an anime and Japanese pop culture obsessed person, I feel like I am still unworthy to be called such a high level name. I mean, sure I can name 20 anime's excluding Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece in a matter of seconds but I still feel I am a complete novice.

So there you have why I am an unworthy otaku....
Well, another reason may be that I have a terrible habit of starting an anime and not finishing it because I don't want it to end, but I'm working on that, so there's no need to fear.
If you yourself are interested in any anime's/ manga's, or confused on Japanese word usage (ore, baka, otaku, etc.), what different genre's stand for and are, even vocaloid info you're confused on, let me know,  I am here to help, all whilst keeping you entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment