Friday, October 4, 2013

Brother's Conflict (anime Review)

It's been a while blogger, but I'm back!!!
So this past week I watched Brother's Conflict, an anime based off of a light novel that became an otome game that I honestly thought I wouldn't like, but I actually really enjoyed it's animation.

Yes, this is a reverse harem anime, and for those of you who don't know a reverse harem anime is the opposite of a harem anime. A harem anime is an anime in which the protagonist is a male and is generally surrounded by females who love him, so a reverse harem is the opposite, where your protagonist is a girl mainly surrounded by guys who love her. As the Title of the show states the guys who love her are her brothers, now before you go off on incest let me explain, Protagonist here (formally known as chi-chan) is a new addition to the family being that her foster father married a woman who had twelve boys and one adopted son. I honestly thought it was bad news until I started watching, then I was just like, oh okay, so it's not incest.
The animation for one, was very well done, as well as the vocal talent of Gero for the theme song (which I'm currently obsessed with). It's BelovedxSurvival by Gero, if you don't know him, you will learn to love his fun filled voice.
Anyways, the story revolves around chi-chan, who is going to be siblings with 13 new brothers (I know, at first I was like wow there cowboy, slow down, but it grows on you) Her father works traveling the world and is getting married to his new wife. She suggested that chi-chan live with the rest of her sons in a mansion apartment complex called Sunrise Courts. When chi-chan arrives there she meets the boys and Juli (her pet squirrel? yes, her pet squirrel, when i first saw it I was just like, no! not the weird animal pet thing! but it gets better, trust me)Is off to a heated start saying they have to stick together no matter what. Well, they don't exactly stay together all the time and now everybody'd in love with her.....yeah.


I'm going to be completely honest here, the story was okay, and the beginning was kind of....boring, but escalated quickly. A little too quickly, by the end of the anime the brothers were either throwing themselves out of her harem or being kicked out by her. And there was major hinting at another season, although when that comes out I'll be conflicted to watch it, even though I probably will anyways.
A total of seven out of ten stars for this one.

1 comment:

  1. I love this show.I rate this show 5\5 so you should go watch it

    ReplyDelete