Monday, September 2, 2013

Another review

So, the title of this post is definitely a pun. Sorry for not posting for a while, I was in a bit of a manga frenzy, I apologize.
Anyways, I just finished up watching Another anime, named Another. 


Another is about kouichi Sakakibara. An average boy who arrives into class 3 in his ninth grade year as a transfer student to Yomiyama North Middle School in 1998, and they say that the ninth grade class 3........is cursed.
They say it all started 26 years ago, in 1972, when a boy named Misaki Yomiyama was killed in a house fire with his parents. Being loved by both teachers and students alike, the class was devastated, that is until it happened. When the school in it's entity began pretending he was still alive. Ever since then there has always been an extra person in the class, a person who is not living, and if that person is welcomed into the class, the calamity begins.
Anyone in class 3, involved with class 3, or closely related to anyone in class 3, only in the city of Yomiyama, holds a risk of dyeing. The deaths happen each month and can vary from 1 to 10 deaths at a time.
When Kouichi enters the class he is welcomed by all, except for a certain student. A girl who sits at the back of the class and is ignored by all, at just the mention of her name the class shivers. Her name is Mei Misaki, and she is the person that does not "exist" to the rest of class 3. Unknowing of this, he talks to her and our horror anime begins!


I was actually delightfully surprised with this anime. I only started watching it after my friend practically pinned me to wall and told me he'd never speak to me again if I didn't watch it, but I absolutely enjoyed it. It reminded me of dead man wonderland, with all the unneeded gore and the twisted storyline.

All in all it's a good anime. It sent goosebumps down my spine, and was so suspenseful I saw it all in one day (which would be today). I especially enjoyed how innocent and kind hearted our protagonists are despite the cruelty they go through.
Of course I disliked certain aspects like the strange lack of emotion by Kouichi when a person dies, but it was amazing how i nearly never saw who was going to die nest coming. It surpassed my expectations and shook me up with happiness. Its a gory horror suspense anime, so if you're not good with scary, or bloody things this anime isn't exactly for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment